Healthcare Design Announces Rising Star Award Winners
The editors of Healthcare Design are excited to name the winners of the magazine’s first Rising Star Awards program. Launched this year, the program recognizes newcomers to the field who are positioned to be the industry’s next great leaders.
Individuals must have worked in healthcare design for fewer than 10 years and have a body of work over the past two years that collectively sets them apart from their peers. Additionally, nominations had to illustrate how a nominee has come to embrace healthcare as a design sector and why he or she stands to be the face of the industry in coming years.
Six professionals were named Rising Stars this year. They are:
- Alise Robles, architectural designer, SmithGroup, Los Angeles
- Ariele M.M. Faber, patient experience designer, department of patient experience, NYU Langone Health, New York
- E. Ramon Cavazos, III, vice president, HKS Inc., Dallas
- Kate Renner, associate, HKS Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Scott Abernethy, associate, ZGF Architects LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Stephanie Vito, associate vice president, architecture, CannonDesign, Grand Island, N.Y.
Healthcare Design will profile the winners in the October 2018 issue and celebrate their accomplishments during an awards luncheon taking place Nov. 11 at the Healthcare Design Expo & Conference in Phoenix (hcdexpo.com).